Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance
Whether you take one vacation a year, or travel internationally on a regular basis for your business, a good travel insurance plan will cover you for virtually every unexpected contingency. From travel delays due to bad weather or a missed connection, a lost piece of luggage, or a medical emergency in a foreign country, help is only a phone call away. TODAY Travel Editor, Peter Greenberg, recommends purchasing travel insurance to protect your financial investment and your peace of mind. In a recently published article†, Greenberg lists nine reasons why he thinks travel insurance is a must-have accessory.
- In response to our tough economy, we’ve added a 10th reason: you lose your job but you’ve already paid for your trip or cruise and need your cash back.
- Your bags are lost and your medication is in it. You need to have an emergency prescription filled.
- Your passport and wallet are stolen, and you need emergency cash and a replacement passport.
- You’re involved in an accident and adequate medical treatment is not available. You need medical evacuation.
- You need to cancel your trip due to illness.
- Your cruise line, airline or tour operator goes bankrupt. You need your non-refundable expenses covered and to get to your destination.
- A terrorist incident occurs in the city where you’re planning to visit and you want to cancel your trip.
- A hurricane forces you to evacuate your resort, hotel or cruise.
- Your flight has been cancelled.
*The maximum reservation cost this plan covers is $50,000
24-Hour Emergency Assistance Services
(Provided by CSA’s designated provider)
Includes towing service, battery jump, locksmith services, flat-tire change and fuel delivery.
Travel Insurance Information
† Source: By Peter Greenberg TODAY Travel Editor updated 7:32 a.m. PT, Tues., March. 27, 2007 Insurance coverage is underwritten by BCS Insurance Company or Jefferson Insurance Company, depending on the insured’s state. Access America is a brand of World Access Service Corp., a company of Mondial Assistance. Certain exclusions, limitations and restrictions may apply. http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/17519580/